Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Proposal Dinner

Love was in the air in Huntington, Long Island last night. It was all part of a young man's plan to seal the deal and win the hand of his longtime girlfriend. He hired me to make her a dinner of her favorite cuisines, so I jumped at the chance to help by playing culinary cupid.

The client told me that his girlfriend loves all kinds of Asian foods, Vietnamese, Thai, Japanese, Hawaiian, Fusion... He even went so far as to send me menus from some of her favorite restaurants to give me a sense of what she likes. This proved invaluable as I planned the pan-Asian menu I ended up serving. Here it is:


Hors d'Oeuvres
Vietnamese Summer Rolls with Jicama, Mango, and Shrimp
with a Nuoc Cham Nem Sauce


First Course
Baby Spinach and Tofu Napoleons
with Miso Ginger Dressing


Main Course
Miso Glazed Black Cod with Buckwheat Noodles

Dessert
Steamed Glutinous Rice with Mango Slices
and Coconut Cream


You needn't hold your breath any longer, she said YES! While I'm sure my food helped, a more impressive treat was the substantial oval shaped piece of ice he laid on her finger. But more than that, he's a great guy and they will be very happy together. Congrats!

I'll be posting photos of the food soon.

3 Comments:

At 7:12 PM, September 15, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark,

Thank you for the kind words. Your help in my proposal dinner was "above and beyond". We will highly recomend you to friends and family for any event.

By the way, don't forget to tell all the single guys out there to remember the cloth napkins for the table setting. They are more attractive than paper napkins... (thanks for helping me find them in the store on our last minute detour.)

All the best

Sean and Chere

 
At 7:19 PM, September 15, 2005, Blogger ReMARKable Palate said...

Oh right! You heard him guys. When we discovered that there were no cloth napkins, we made a detour to K-Mart and picked some up. It was the first comment she made when they sat down to the table! "Hey, these are not our napkins!" Well, they are now!

Seriously guys, want to make sure she'll say yes? Hire a Personal Chef to do the dinner!

 
At 7:38 PM, September 15, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I almost forgot that. I got the flowers... I got the wine... set the table... but the first thing she noticed was new the cloth napkins. Every detail counts. I hope your readers can learn from this experience.

Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

It was the perfect way to propose. We will always remember that special day. Thank you for making it a great success.

Sean

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



©2006-2007 The Gilded Fork, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Culinary Podcast Network™, ReMARKable Palate™, Food Philosophy™, Culinary Roundtable™, Bachelor's Boot Camp™, Cooking from A to Z™,
Welcome to Wine Country™, Pastry Princess™ and The world's first all-food podcast network™ are trademarks of The Gilded Fork, LLC.