Thursday, September 15, 2005

I got my Green Chile!

Well, I managed to get some Hatch Green Chile at the Kitchen Market. Unfortunately, I have been a little under the weather, so I haven't had time to roast it and use it yet. Which makes me think that I'll do a simple recipe, which is to pickle it, or at least some of it.

It's an easy recipe:

Pickled Green Chile

1/2 cup vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dill seed
1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
2 1/2 cups green chiles, chopped
(or 1 1/2 cups cut into strips)
garlic
salt, to taste

Combine the vinegar, sugar and spices and simmer for 5 minutes.
Pack the chiles into small jars, cover with syrup, and add a piece of garlic to each jar. Cover tightly and refrigerate for 3 days before using. Makes 2 1/2 pints.




Technorati Tags: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



©2006-2007 The Gilded Fork, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Culinary Podcast Network™, ReMARKable Palate™, Food Philosophy™, Culinary Roundtable™, Bachelor's Boot Camp™, Cooking from A to Z™,
Welcome to Wine Country™, Pastry Princess™ and The world's first all-food podcast network™ are trademarks of The Gilded Fork, LLC.