Saturday, October 01, 2005

Farmer's Market Saturday: Color!

I'm a One-Eyed, One-horned, Flying Purple Pepper Eater!


These little mini amethyst gems came from Hawthorne valley Farms. They are sweet and crunchy, and will go nicely with a salad, as a wonderful color accent, or stuffed and baked. I sampled it with some lovely fresh Goat Cheese. Yum!

To balance out the brilliant color today, I also present some amazingly green apples and some brilliant red radishes. Autumn sure is colorful!






Technorati Tags: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 3:54 PM, October 01, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOLA there! Those purple peppers look fantastic!

 
At 4:16 PM, October 01, 2005, Blogger ReMARKable Palate said...

And they TASTE just as good!

 
At 5:06 PM, October 01, 2005, Blogger vlb5757 said...

I am with Melissa, the color in those peppers is fabulous. Are they sweet, hot or sour?

 
At 8:53 PM, October 01, 2005, Blogger ReMARKable Palate said...

They are sweet sweet sweet and crunchy! I had some of them cut in half and stuffed with camembert cheese with some fresh herbs. Fantastic!

 
At 8:46 AM, October 02, 2005, Blogger vlb5757 said...

If I could get them here it sounds like something that I could take in my picnic basket to share with the rest of my chapter when we attend a local wine tasting Oct. 16.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



©2006-2007 The Gilded Fork, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Culinary Podcast Network™, ReMARKable Palate™, Food Philosophy™, Culinary Roundtable™, Bachelor's Boot Camp™, Cooking from A to Z™,
Welcome to Wine Country™, Pastry Princess™ and The world's first all-food podcast network™ are trademarks of The Gilded Fork, LLC.