Thursday, October 06, 2005

Update on Internet Problems

Well, the mystery deepens. It appears that the problem is not with Libsyn, but rather that Cogent and Level 3, two major network services, are in some kind of battle, and have literally blocked each other's hard wired networks. Here's a link to an article that I quote below:

"Cogent Communications and Level 3, both Tier 1 ISPs, are apparently having some 'undisclosed' disagreements, causing an Internet partition by turning-off or deactivating their peering point. Cogent Co. has released a statement explaining their side of the problem, however they have no mention of when the problem will be fixed, or when they will sort it out."

As with strikes, it seems that the parties in dispute don't suffer, but the public. Apparently, this problem has affected many Time Warner/Roadrunner customers, myself included. So I can't log on to Libsyn, nor can I get the content delivered to me. Therefore, I can't tell whether my podcast is up and running from home. I went to an internet cafe and uploaded the podcast that was supposed to go up yesterday, and listened to a couple minutes of it, so I know it's there.

Please let me know if you're actually getting the latest podcast, Episode #15, where you are. Thanks for your patience.

3 Comments:

At 5:30 PM, October 06, 2005, Blogger vlb5757 said...

Mark, I am listening to the show right now as I type! Too bad the kids in the sandbox can't play well together!

 
At 5:58 PM, October 06, 2005, Blogger vlb5757 said...

Just finishing up the show. I was shocked when I heard my name. Great show as always. I so enjoy listening and never leave without learning something new. I will try the Mostly Trival site. It was cute.

 
At 7:39 PM, October 06, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Show #15 downloaded for me just fine off iTunes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



©2006-2007 The Gilded Fork, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Culinary Podcast Network™, ReMARKable Palate™, Food Philosophy™, Culinary Roundtable™, Bachelor's Boot Camp™, Cooking from A to Z™,
Welcome to Wine Country™, Pastry Princess™ and The world's first all-food podcast network™ are trademarks of The Gilded Fork, LLC.