Thursday, December 15, 2005

Culinary podcasting cudos from the Mainstream press!

A faithful reader and listener sent me an e-mail yesterday mentioning that my podcast has been cited in Bon Appetit Magazine's January issue as a notable culinary podcast! It's right there in print on page 24:

"The enormous popularity of the Apple Ipod has now created the culinary podcast. (To the uninitiated, podcasts are radio radio broadcasts that can easily be downloaded to a computer or portable mp3 player and listened to anytime.) While it's still a nascent medium, here are some early standouts: On Food: Seattle Post Intelligencer columnist Hsiao-Ching Chou talks food with culinary heavy hitters. ReMARKable Palate: Personal chef Mark Tafoya comments on the New York Food Scene. Baking with the Bard: Seventeen year old John Dudley shares his favorite recipes with warmth and humor. These, and others, can be found on the iTunes music store."

I'm psyched that foodcasting is starting to be noticed, and it leads me to reveal another development:

I will soon be back in full force, podcasting and blogging about food, ethnic eats, international cuisine, and the life of a personal chef. Regular readers know that I have been working in a new job the past couple of months, and I've come to the realization that it's not the place for me.

I've really missed having the time to write and record for you, and I want to have this back in my life. It has warmed my heart to receive notes from the readers who have written in to say that they miss my posts.

You can help me out by letting any of your New York friends know that I will soon be available again for their dinner parties and regular personal cheffing jobs. You can check out my business website at www.remarkablepalate.com

6 Comments:

At 11:01 AM, December 15, 2005, Blogger vlb5757 said...

Congrats! Glad that you got a blurb in BA. I have mine but haven't opened it yet. Been busy baking and knitting! I am not sure if I should say that I am sorry or congrats on changing jobs. Either way, I will be glad to see more blog entries and podcasts once again. I am sure word will spread quickly that you are back with full force. Happy Cooking!

 
At 3:08 PM, December 15, 2005, Blogger EFB said...

Congrats on the press!

 
At 10:10 PM, December 22, 2005, Blogger Cate said...

Finally read this issue today and saw your press ... congrats!

 
At 2:49 PM, December 24, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, welcome back!

Will Stiva be back, too?

See you soon,
Caren

 
At 11:43 AM, December 30, 2005, Blogger Kalyn Denny said...

I saw your mention in Bon Appetit and was excited for you. Congrats. I dipped my toe into the podcasting world a teeny tiny bit with a little holiday message on my blog, produced in a class with a lot of help from the instructor. I'm not sure I could do it again on my own with out help but it was very fun.

 
At 11:50 AM, January 04, 2006, Blogger ReMARKable Palate said...

Thanks to all for the positive feedback. I'm happy to be back to my own life and pursuits. You'll start to see more of me posting now that I'm back. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



©2006-2007 The Gilded Fork, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Culinary Podcast Network™, ReMARKable Palate™, Food Philosophy™, Culinary Roundtable™, Bachelor's Boot Camp™, Cooking from A to Z™,
Welcome to Wine Country™, Pastry Princess™ and The world's first all-food podcast network™ are trademarks of The Gilded Fork, LLC.