Saturday, August 13, 2005

A Scorchingly Successful Barbecue

Well, the birthday barbecue was a huge success, and a lot of fun, despite the blistering heat of the grill combined with the muggy 90 degree weather. This was an unusual gig for me, as I usually am the one doing all the food preparation, or I bring along an assistant. Clients usually hire a Personal Chef so that they can sit back and enjoy their party and not have to worry about the food at all.

The client for this party is a foodie, and loves to cook. In fact, he usually does all the food himself. He just thought that since this was a special occasion, and he wanted an ambitious menu, he'd hire me. So there I was, cooking alongside my client, showing him a few tricks here and there, sharing my recipes, and learning from him as well. His family is from Egypt, and as we worked, we spoke of the foods of Egypt and how they relate to other regional foods.

So it pays to be open to different kinds of gigs. That's one of the great things about being a personal chef. I get to work in so many different settings, doing different things, and cooking different recipes each day!

1 Comments:

At 11:44 AM, November 24, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks!! I think Ill return in the near future

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



©2006-2007 The Gilded Fork, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Culinary Podcast Network™, ReMARKable Palate™, Food Philosophy™, Culinary Roundtable™, Bachelor's Boot Camp™, Cooking from A to Z™,
Welcome to Wine Country™, Pastry Princess™ and The world's first all-food podcast network™ are trademarks of The Gilded Fork, LLC.