Saturday, June 30, 2007

Farmer's Market Saturday 6-30

This week's Farmer's Market entry is the happy confluence of several food experiences from the past week. At the market today, I got 1 dozen oysters from the new fishmonger for only $9! Well, I couldn't wait to tear into them with my shucking knife when I got home, and decided to use up several of the other things that were just lying around from the week. I had some extra champagne onions from last night's client dinner (I served them in an amuse bouche of cucumber cups with caviar - I'll post the menu here next). So they would make the perfect sweet yet slightly piquant addition to the fresh briny-ness of the oysters. I made a quick mignonette with more of the champagne onions and some seasoned rice vinegar, served them on a bed of lettuce leaves from this week's CSA delievery, and enjoyed them with a glass of Prosecco remaining from my tastings at the Vino in Villa celebration this week. What a way to use such delightful "leftovers", and it only cost me $9!!!

, , , , , , ,

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



©2006-2007 The Gilded Fork, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Culinary Podcast Network™, ReMARKable Palate™, Food Philosophy™, Culinary Roundtable™, Bachelor's Boot Camp™, Cooking from A to Z™,
Welcome to Wine Country™, Pastry Princess™ and The world's first all-food podcast network™ are trademarks of The Gilded Fork, LLC.